ChildLine gives anyone under the age of 19 a chance to talk about their feelings and can offer information on other useful services.
Support provided by ChildLine includes:
- Free and confidential phone support
- Free 1-2-1 Counsellor Chat available online
- Online message boards that can connect you to other people in similar situations
- Online information and advice on a wide range of issues, including sex, sexting and relationships
How they can help
ChildLine offers free online and over-the-phone support 24 hours a day.
Through their website and helpline they can offer support, advice, and information on other helpful services.
ChildLine volunteers are friendly and you can talk to them about anything, no problem is too big or too small. You can speak to them openly and honestly without fear of judgement or upsetting anyone.
Good to know
You can call ChildLine for free at any time, day or night. Calls are not recorded and the number won't show up on any phone bills.
If you are using the online chat, you may have to wait a little while before you are connected with a counsellor but someone will be with you as soon as they can.
Both phone calls and online chats are private and confidential, which means that whatever you say is just between you and ChildLine. ChildLine only need to tell someone else about your conversation if:
- You ask them to
- They believe that your or somebody else's life is in danger
- You're being hurt by someone in a position of trust e.g. a teacher
- You tell them that you are seriously harming another child.
How to access
Free phone number 0800 1111. Lines open 24 hours a day.